One of the hardest parts of being a new vegan (or even an old seasoned vegan) is trying to keep up with all the new products out there. I must have spent over $50 looking for the "right" vegan cheese my first year being a vegan and I have over 50 vegan/vegetarian cookbooks in my arsenal but not all the recipes are the greatest. I’m the first born so I’m used to being a Guinea Pig and now I’m your Vegan Guinea Pig. So here are my recommendations and critiques. Let me know what you think!

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Vegan Mofo: Bulgar Sausage & "Egg" Biscuit

This picture is all that remains of this beloved breakfast sandwich. When you're working on 3 cookbooks at once (1 in post production and 2 currently being produced) it's hard to keep track of your recipes all the time and, unfortunately, this one has disappeared somewhere into a stack of papers and hand written recipes (on napkins, index cards, the back of envelopes and candy wrappers) to be never found again. All I remember is that it was delicious and made me do a little happy dance in my kitchen.

The components of it are:
Whole Wheat Biscuits
Bulgar Sausage
Vegan Egg with some type of veggies in it
Vegan American Cheese Slice

When and if I find this recipe I will post it, guaranteed.

2 comments:

  1. How exciting! This is what I used to eat for breakfast almost every day before trying to go vegan (about 3 weeks ago - LOL!). I've discovered it really comes down to trying to replace/modify what you eat on a daily basis. Can't wait to see your recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...