One of the hardest parts of being a new vegan (or even an old seasoned vegan) is trying to keep up with all the new products out there. I must have spent over $50 looking for the "right" vegan cheese my first year being a vegan and I have over 50 vegan/vegetarian cookbooks in my arsenal but not all the recipes are the greatest. I’m the first born so I’m used to being a Guinea Pig and now I’m your Vegan Guinea Pig. So here are my recommendations and critiques. Let me know what you think!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Almond Hot Toddy


The weather here in Georgia made a dramatic shift from sunny and breezy 80 degree days to cloudy and cold 50 degree ones. Normally this would inspire me to whine about the weather all day but one sip of this Almond Hot Toddy and I'm praising the autumn skies! If you happen to have a little vegan whipped cream around it makes a great topping for this hot toddy.

Ingredients:
2 cups Almond Breeze® Vanilla
2 ounces spiced rum
1 ounce brandy
¼ teaspoon almond extract
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg, plus more for garnish

Directions:
Over low heat, combine Almond Breeze® Vanilla, rum, brandy, almond extract, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium saucepan, stirring constantly with a whisk until very warm.  Pour into large mugs, leaving an inch of room to the top. Top with vegan whipped cream (if using),  and a sprinkle of nutmeg.

6 comments:

  1. Oh yes. Almond milk is on sale here right now and it's been in the 40s in the morning and at night. This sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds lovely! We have cold damp now, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thus far in my life, the only hot/warm alcoholic beverage I've ever had was hot chocolate + Baileys in my pre-vegan days. I've always wanted to try something like this, though, so thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds delicious, Alicia! It's on my list to make "when it gets cold".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, I was at Real Food Daily yesterday and the guys next to me were talking about how they liked Vegan Comfort Food! "I've made stuff out of it, and, dude, it's soooooo good."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Decadent, but perfect for a cold day! in the rain!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...