One of the hardest parts of being a new vegan (or even an old seasoned vegan) is trying to keep up with all the new products out there. I must have spent over $50 looking for the "right" vegan cheese my first year being a vegan and I have over 50 vegan/vegetarian cookbooks in my arsenal but not all the recipes are the greatest. I’m the first born so I’m used to being a Guinea Pig and now I’m your Vegan Guinea Pig. So here are my recommendations and critiques. Let me know what you think!

Sunday, July 26, 2009

My Favorite Deodorant To Smell, Lick And Swoon Over.

Not long ago Tom’s of Maine came out with a new line of Sensitive Skin Natural Deodorants. When I stumbled upon them at my local Whole Foods I was a bit wary. I had just dedicated 3 years of my life to trying every natural deodorant I could get my hands on and finally had my favorite. I just didn’t know if I had it in me to try one more!

But that pale green packaging lured me in and next thing you know I had a stick of deodorant stuck so close to my nose I swear some particles of it are still permanently embedded in my sinuses. There are two new scents, Bay Lime and Cucumber-Grapefruit. The budget wouldn’t allow me to get both so I had to go with the one that made me salivate the most (drum roll please!) Bay Lime. I know…I know…A deodorant making you salivate seems like a bit much, but just smell it once and you’ll understand! It’s one of those scents that smells so good that you kinda want to lick it when no one’s looking just to see if it taste as good as it smells. I will not confirm or deny if I did this myself. Let’s just say, don’t try this one at home kiddies.

It’s always a gamble to try a new natural deodorant in the midst of a sweltering hot, humid summer in Georgia. But I took the brave leap and tried it one day when the temperature was well into the 90s with an unmentionable heat index. Let me tell you, you will not be disappointed by the performance of this deodorant! Traditional Tom’s of Maine natural deodorants are good and all but this new sensitive skin line is incredible. It far surpasses the power of their original line and it’s the only deodorant I’ve ever worn that has garnered me compliments. I’ve had nearly a dozen people comment that I smelled like a beautiful tropical island or that standing next to me made them feel like they were on vacation in Hawaii. But the all time best, and most awkward, moment came when I was sharing an elevator with a stranger. The stranger was a nice older woman. Probably in her late 60s-early 70s and she asked me what kind of perfume I was wearing. Before I could answer she went on and on about how she was more of an Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds kinda girl but that her daughter would absolutely love the scent I was wearing. When she finally stopped telling me her life story I told her it was just my deodorant and I kid you not, that woman tried to sniff my armpits to see if I was telling the truth! Thank God just as the moment got unbearably uncomfortable the elevator doors opened and I bolted out – unfortunately in my hast I ended up getting off on the wrong floor but my armpits escaped the nose of a stranger and that’s what’s important.

Awkward elevator moments aside, you must try this deodorant. And ladies, it is the perfect deodorant to use right after you’ve shaved under your arms. Both scents contain soothing aloe, witch hazel and chamomile to make you underarms feel like the happiest place on Earth!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! I think I just may have to try this. Baking soda has been such a lifesaver, but can be a little abrasive after daily use. Looking forward to sniffing these new deodorants the next time I'm at Whole Foods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa. I feel like I should rush right back to the co-op and return the Nature's Gate Winter Clean unscented deodorant (my personal fave) I just bought and get this instead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to get strangers to sniff my armpits! Thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny and awkward story to be sure! I've not tried any of the natural deodorants but I may just have to give this one a shot! Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to try it! The Apricot kind makes me itchy.

    ps - I added you to my blogroll (missrachelspantry.com/wp)

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post is brilliant. I love your style. Anyone who says "After a full day of sniffing my armpits..." on Twitter is awesome in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha!! This post made me laugh out loud! I love it, Makes me want to run to the store and buy this deodorant RIGHT NOW!!
    I'm a new veggie and added you to my google reader, can't wait to read along!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...