One of the hardest parts of being a new vegan (or even an old seasoned vegan) is trying to keep up with all the new products out there. I must have spent over $50 looking for the "right" vegan cheese my first year being a vegan and I have over 50 vegan/vegetarian cookbooks in my arsenal but not all the recipes are the greatest. I’m the first born so I’m used to being a Guinea Pig and now I’m your Vegan Guinea Pig. So here are my recommendations and critiques. Let me know what you think!

Friday, February 27, 2009

Tofurky Strikes Again! – Amazing Breakfast Links

Finally, finally, finally a breakfast link that I actually just want to eat for breakfast. I really liked Lightlife’s breakfast sausage style links but they tasted better as a pizza topping than as a side on my breakfast plate. Tofurky breakfast links are clearly made to be a standout accompaniment to your breakfast, not an afterthought. What I like the most about these breakfast links is that they don't try to imitate the taste of meat. They have their own distinct wonderful flavor that makes my mouth water just to think about it. Although the preferred cooking method is to lightly pan fry them I cut down a bit of the fat by cutting each link into 4 diagonal slices and warming the links in a toaster oven somewhere between 400-450 degrees. They take about 1-2 minutes to brown and get the perfect texture. These little links are also a great source of protein at 11 grams a link. Add this to a breakfast of a blueberry muffin and a glass of orange juice and you have a perfect way to start your morning.

1 comment:

  1. Gotta find and try this out!! Thanks for the recommendation.

    I bought the vegan hot dog links but have not yet tried them yet. They are still in the fridge. I have been cooking from Dreena's book and some from happy herbivore lately. :) Take care

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...