One of the hardest parts of being a new vegan (or even an old seasoned vegan) is trying to keep up with all the new products out there. I must have spent over $50 looking for the "right" vegan cheese my first year being a vegan and I have over 50 vegan/vegetarian cookbooks in my arsenal but not all the recipes are the greatest. I’m the first born so I’m used to being a Guinea Pig and now I’m your Vegan Guinea Pig. So here are my recommendations and critiques. Let me know what you think!

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Times They Are A Changin'...

When I started this blog I was a single gal with a coupe dogs, a couple goats and a new cookbook on the horizon. Since then my life has changed immensely! I have three cookbooks under my belt, got my Master's in Nutrition, am now a registered dietitian and lactation consultant but most importantly I'm now a mother to a happy, energetic, opinionated little vegan girl. As I sat and discussed the presence of Umami in a smoky BBQ chia seed crisp I was sharing with my nearly 2 year old daughter I thought to myself. "If she has an opinion on umami then surely she's got what it takes to judge the good, the bad and the ugly of all that is vegan!" After all, unlike me, she's been vegan all her life (even if that life is only 22 months old).

So, I'm changing the ways things are done around here. The first change you'll notice is a rating scale at the beginning of each post. I'll be using a 1 to 4 rating scale with 1 meaning it is destined for the compost bin and 4 meaning it is destined for greatness! I'll weighing in with my rating, then my daughter (Lil' Guinea Pig) will weigh in with her rating and from time to time our special guest omnivore, my fiance, will weigh in with his rating we'll call him. Along with the ratings you'll still get the thought out and through reviews you are used to from yours truly.

Thank you all for taking this journey with me! I love writing this blog, and even though life sometimes takes me away from it from time to time I'll always come back because I love to share all the new vegan goodness out there! Happy cooking!

The Vegan Guinea Pig

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...