One of the hardest parts of being a new vegan (or even an old seasoned vegan) is trying to keep up with all the new products out there. I must have spent over $50 looking for the "right" vegan cheese my first year being a vegan and I have over 50 vegan/vegetarian cookbooks in my arsenal but not all the recipes are the greatest. I’m the first born so I’m used to being a Guinea Pig and now I’m your Vegan Guinea Pig. So here are my recommendations and critiques. Let me know what you think!

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Viva La Vegan Snack Box!

The first time I heard about Vegan Cuts was through an email I received from them about trying out Brooklyn Dark Chocolate. If you haven't read the review yet, let me just summarize it by saying if my house was on fire I would grab my daughter, my dog, and then this chocolate (in that order). Oh...and then I would probably call the fire department. Thankfully, my house is standing lovely in one piece, fire free so I have the opportunity to try one more amazing item from Vegan Cuts. Well, in truth, it's more like a dozen more items from Vegan Cuts all wrapped up into one. It's their Vegan Snack Box.

When I heard about the snack box it struck me as such a phenomenal idea I can't believe no one has thought of it to this point. When my snack box arrived at my door. I was giddy with excitement. I opened the box to find a cornucopia of vegan goodies that I literally had never seen before in my life - coconut chips (made from dehydrated coconut meat), lentil chips, lots of chocolate in various forms, gummy candy, hemp based lip balm, 3 different varieties of tea and a protein bar. Being the guineapig that I am I love the idea of having the opportunity to try lots of different products without having to commit to buying the entire pack of something. I wasn't particularly keen on the protein bar that was in my snack box and I'm glad that I didn't have to buy an entire box of them to find out I didn't like them. In contrast I absolutely loved everything else in the box. The tea was a surprise favorite as it comes in this cute little cylinder pouch that travels well and looks much cooler to pull out your purse (or man-bag) than a tea bag.

Another big advantage of the box is that, as a mom, I'm always looking for great snack options for my kiddo. She usually snacks on fruits, roasted chickpeas and some type of homemade muffin or cracker that I've made or marinated tofu but, homemade goodies don't exactly travel well and I'm over carrying around a cooler just to ensure she has organic homemade crackers and strawberries when we're on the road (can you tell I'm a first time mom?) So this box is a god-send. She devoured the coconut chips and the lentil chips are a new favorite too. She even had a few sips of my chamomile tea but the chocolate and gummies are for mommy only :) As of today, yep as of right now this moment, I am a subscriber to the Vegan Cuts Snack Box. It's only $19.95 a month and that includes shipping. Viva La Vegan Snack Box!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...