One of the hardest parts of being a new vegan (or even an old seasoned vegan) is trying to keep up with all the new products out there. I must have spent over $50 looking for the "right" vegan cheese my first year being a vegan and I have over 50 vegan/vegetarian cookbooks in my arsenal but not all the recipes are the greatest. I’m the first born so I’m used to being a Guinea Pig and now I’m your Vegan Guinea Pig. So here are my recommendations and critiques. Let me know what you think!

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Chocolate Pudding

This chocolate pudding was adapted from the raw version in Raw Food Real World that required tons of fresh Thai coconut and coconut water. Here’s my cheaper, easier, and less raw version.

2 cups canned coconut milk (do not substitute low-fat)
½ cup maple syrup
¼ cup agave nectar
½ cup cocoa powder
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon sea salt

Whisk all ingredients together or add to a blender and puree until smooth. Transfer to 4 serving bowls and chill for about an hour. For a slightly firmer texture feel free to add about 1/8 to ¼ teaspoon xanthun gum.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this recipe! It tastes great, and is very simple. When I told everyone it was vegan there were a lot of oohs and ahs.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...